January 3, 2015

Holi-laze 2014.








What a wonderful restful holiday time we have had here.
December is always a busy time as I balance art shows, wholesale orders,
and classes, all in great abundance. And although I LOVE all these things,
by the end of the month I feel like a limp rag doll.

This year we decided to "do" the holidays differently,
we declared December 24th-January 1st Pajama Week!
We stayed home, made a bed in front of the fire, listened to holiday music,
ate delicious foods and treats, re-read "The BFG" by Roald Dahl, 
drank mug after mug of tea, and just generally did nothing, or at least did very little.

It was WONDERFUL.

I am giving each and everyone of you permission and encouragement to do nothing.
Even if it is just for one afternoon, give yourself a break
from the "musts," "shoulds," and "should bes."
Just for a few moments let yourself just BE.

In my down time what arose was a desire to paint, just for fun.
I made a set of ornaments to honor our hen daughters,
and worked on my rainbow afghan, which is close to completion.
It felt so wonderful to make and be creative with no pressure!

If you are looking to jumpstart your no pressure creative life,
I highly recommend my Sketchbook Play class!
The next one starts on February 16th, read all about it here in my class listings.
This class is built for everyone, beginners VERY welcome!

I hope each and everyone of you had a lovely holiday,
may your New Year be filled with the joy of creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read them!